Most people understand the wedding planning process to be more strenuous for the bride-to-be rather than the groom. That’s because the entire aesthetic representation of the event is assumed to be a concern for the bride. It’s her day, and she will want it to look a certain way. However, grooms have an important concern of their own, besides what could go wrong at their bachelor party. Grooms are responsible for putting together gifts worthy enough for all his groomsmen. They are an intricate part of every wedding and have devoted their time and money on men’s formal wear for the ceremony. Thus, a proper acknowledgment is required. Check out some of these fine gifts to show groomsmen that their subtle, but substantial, efforts are appreciated.
- Flasks: A solid flask lasts forever and is an excellent piece of memorabilia. Most men appreciate the possession of a nice container to travel with their preferred beverage to similar celebrations, and they won’t forget where they got it from if it’s monogrammed or has a personal message ingrained into the back. However, not everyone may find this item useful. Be sure to consider your groomsmen’s interests.
- Cufflinks & Studs: It’s typical for men to lack a nice set of cufflinks and studs, especially if they aren’t fond of wearing tuxedos. Ensure that this is never the case with your groomsmen. This gift also makes for an excellent accessory to their wedding tuxedos, if they’re designed to match.
- Pocket Square: Another flashy tuxedo accessory is a satin pocket square. The reason it’s such a good gift is that it’s not a necessary item, however it has the effect of accentuating the elegance of men’s formal attire. So for groomsmen, it can be a seriously well-used item that he can hold on to.
- Cigar Humidor: If one of your groomsmen is a cigar smoker, then a small box for storing stogies is a very functional gift. Grooms want each gift to have a personal touch, while also being of some valuable use. Given the fact that there are a lot of gentlemen who enjoy cigars, this item receives good responses as gifts for helping with the special occasion.
- BBQ Kit: The idea seems lazy, but considering the season, a stainless steel barbecue set might prove to be one of the better gifts available. What’s also nice about the idea is that it’s unconventional. Your groomsman will respect the consideration that their gift is meant to be distinct.
There should be a lot of thought that goes into the groomsmen’s gifts. They are the chosen men that will stand next to the groom on his very significant day, and thus need to be honored properly for their part.