Top Ten Reasons Not to Rent a Tuxedo: An Infographic
Whenever you stay in a hotel room, it’s expected that you should have suspicions over the use of that space before you arrived, as well as the efforts to maintain its cleanliness. Why should cautious thoughts regarding the rental of a tuxedo be any different? Every time you rent a tux, you’re literally stepping into the garments that someone else gave a test run, or maybe even several others. Yet, rarely is the question made as to the possibility of abuse. There’s no telling how much damage went into your formal wear the week or even the night before. At events like weddings, people are motivated to drink for the sake of celebration, which often leads to reckless behavior and minor accidents. But unlike a used car, there’s no report available for the accident history on a tuxedo. At a moment when it’s necessary to look your best, you can’t afford stains, loose stitching, or rips resurfacing. You should never allow yourself to be put into such a position. The solution for being caught in some rental shops' ill-treated men’s formal attire is buying one for yourself. Purchasing a tuxedo is no more expensive than renting one, and in some instances you could wind up saving yourself money. Avoid the expensive and uncomfortable hassle of wearing someone else’s tuxedo by have one tailored just for you instead, and check out the infographic below!
Do you really know where your tuxedo was last night? See below for some common scenarios.
You Missed My Mouth
- Bride filling groom's mouth with cake: sickeningly adorable. Cleaning 8 layers of vanilla frosting out of a shirt: frustratingly impossible.
I've Never Done This Before
- This just in: alcohol and a sense of desperation are leading factors in hooking up with a Bridesmaid in the bushes. Let's hope he took his tuxedo off, for your sake.
Gotta Make Room For More
- He karaoke’d Bohemian Rhapsody with rum in hand, then swiftly shared it with the toilet. Sorry guy, but that new stain on your tuxedo isn't just a fantasy.
- You know the local bowling pro who was banned from renting shoes due to the smell? Guess what? That guy goes to weddings, too.
Sink or Swim
- "I'm sure that pool is clean, I'll willingly go in!" said no one ever.
Come At Me, Bro
- Uninvited, incredibly jealous ex-boyfriend meet large, incredibly devoted Best Man.
Someone Clear the Dance Floor
- Maybe someone should have the DJ switch the song to something that doesn't encourage him to put his hands in the air.
- I asked you to break dance, not break pants.
It's Never Just the Tip
- Surgeon General's Warning: Smoking may be hazardous to the health of your tuxedo.
I Can Explain...
- "Honey, the song asked her to see how low she could go. It would be rude not to observe the results."